Our busy New York practice is seeking a certified OSC/COA Ophthalmic Scribe/Tech who is looking to expand their knowledge, gain valuable experience, and build meaningful relationships. Our ideal candidate is an innovative and motivated individual who enjoys a fast paced work environment.
We have 3 locations in the New York/ Westchester area. Our offices are equipped with state-of- the-art technology, brand new equipment, and modern furniture and decor. We offer the full scope of ophthalmic/ Retina care. Our cutting-edge facilities will make you excited to come to work every day.
Our doctors are passionate about showing you the ropes of the practice and teaching you a variety of new skills on the job. If you are a determined individual and want to learn from the best eye care professionals in the area, then we want to hear from you!
- Comply with all legal and ethical requirements for medical documentation. Alert physician when medical record is incomplete or medical documentation contains mistakes or inconsistencies.
- Collect, organize, and catalog data for physician quality reporting system and other quality initiatives to increase patient compliance and improve outcomes.
- Document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician accurately and thoroughly.
- Prepare exam rooms and assist during physician exam.
- Perform clerical tasks as needed by the physician including faxing, phone calls, referral letters.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Medical Terminology, Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience or willingness to learn HVF, Lensometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, Slit Lamp Microscopy, and basic patient work ups.
- Willingness to travel between locations
- Working knowledge of the eye anatomy, disease, and ocular medications
- At least two years of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician, with the willingness to learn
- COA/OSC Preferred
- Paid Continuing Education Courses
- Extensive Training