Operating Room Supervisor
St. Luke's Surgical Center, Inc. is looking to hire a full-time, Operating Room Supervisor to join our team.
“Excellence…with love” is a mission statement we adhere to in every aspect of our care giving, from the moment a patient walks through our doors to the follow-up care they receive. We are committed to helping our patients attain overall wellness in body, mind, and spirit.
Why work at St. Luke’s?
St. Luke’s is a legendary ophthalmic practice with five locations in the Gulf Coast region of Florida and one in The Villages. The St. Luke’s name is known not only for excellence in cataract surgery results and patient care but also for career opportunities and growth in the communities we serve. Our offices are found in places where many people vacation, so if you’re seeking a position with a Florida lifestyle where you have the chance to learn new skills every day and get to work alongside some of the best doctors and support staff in the world, you’ve come to the right place!
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Surgical Operations, the OR Supervisor is responsible for the patient care experience at St. Luke’s. As such, the Supervisor is responsible for the day to day clinical operation and oversight of the Operating Rooms and Instrument Processing areas. The management spectrum covers planning, organizing, delegating, coordinating, staff utilization, resource allocation, cost controls, and compliance.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate communication skills which indicate the ability to be successful at counseling, teaching, and assessing. This individual must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, staff, and physicians.
What do we look for?
- Florida Nursing License and ACLS/BCLS certification required
- Registered Nurse with experience in procedures and/or operating room in a surgical setting
- 2 Years Management experience in ambulatory care preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional journals, nationally recognized guidelines and regulations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to staff, management and physicians.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be adaptable and flexible with work schedule
- Demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills (compassion, empathy)
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Life and LTD
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- See more benefits at http://www.stlukeseye.com/careers/benefits/
We hire Non-Smokers only
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
We participate in the E-Verify Program