Ophthalmic Photographer I for DMC Ophthalmology Bermuda Run, NC
Function of Job:
Under general supervision, perform a variety of specialized ophthalmic photographic techniques.
1. Document patients with standard and wide field fundus cameras.
2. Perform diagnostic Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
3. Perform diagnostic Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (SD-OCT).
4. Perform diagnostic fluorescein angiography (FA).
5. Photographically record patients with a camera to document external pathology.
6. Functioning knowledge of eye pathologies and how to photograph them.
7. Basic knowledge and practical experience in specialized imaging software in addition to practical experience with Windows software utilizing programs such as PowerPoint, Photoshop, etc.
8. Ability to archive and maintain imaging databases.
9. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and staff.
10. Ability to accurately perform detail oriented work consistent with an academic setting.
11. Clean and maintain photographic and related equipment.
12. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1. Ophthalmic photography related experience preferably fundus photography, fluorescein angiography, and optical coherence tomography.
2. Associates degree in photography preferred, but not required.
3. Certification within 12 months of all applicable research imaging protocols.
4. Ability to perform the above duties at a professional level of quality and speed and with professional rapport with patients and staff.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Bachelors or Associates Degree in Photography
2. Experience beyond the minimum required.
3. Current certification as a CRA.