Virginia Eye Institute has an immediate need for an Ophthalmic Imager/Photographer to add to our busy practice. This position will document specific disease process through photography and other imaging devices, as requested by the ordering physician
Qualified candidates must have two to three years’ experience in ophthalmic photography.
CRA/OCT-C certification preferred, or desire to obtain
CPR certification necessary (or ability to obtain shortly after start date)
1. Perform fundus, anterior segment and external photography, as ordered by the eye care provider
2. Perform cataract surgery imaging (e.g., IOL Master, Topography, Pentacam), as ordered by the eye care provider
3 Perform Scanning Computerized Ophthalmic Diagnostic Imaging (e.g., OCT), as ordered by the eye care provider
4. Perform Visual Field examination, as ordered by the eye care provider
5. Perform intravenous fluorescein or indocyanine green angiographies, as ordered by the eye care provider
6. Perform EUA (Exam Under Anesthesia) in the OR, as requested by the provider
7. Maintain cameras, related equipment and inventory of supplies
8. Maintain records of work performed, with appropriate level of detail and accuracy
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum education: HS diploma or equivalent
Virginia Eye Institute (VEI) is a comprehensive eye care organization providing a wide range of ophthalmology, optometry, and optical services in 8 locations across central Virginia. VEI offers exceptional ophthalmologic care—including cataract, cornea, glaucoma, retina, ocular plastics, pediatrics, and refractive surgery (LASIK).
We offer a great work environment with competitive salary & benefits and continuing education and advancement programs. Join us today!!
Send resume to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.