Austin Retina Associates is seeking a responsible, self-motivated individual for a full-time retinal angiographer position.
- Perform retinal scans and capture images for physicians using OCT, fundus camera, A/B scans (ultrasound)
- Record images and notes in electronic medical record system
- Perform venipunctures as needed for angiograms
- Respond to physician and peer questions about images, offering technical insight
- Demonstrated effectiveness showing courtesy, diligence, integrity, and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills (effective listening, clear communication, effective customer problem resolution, warm demeanor)
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including occasional overtime
- Ability to travel to locations across Central Texas by car
- Ability and willingness to perform venipunctures safely
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Retina or ophthalmology experience is preferred with special consideration for an individual with experience performing OCTs, fundus photography, A/B scans (ultrasonography), and/ or phlebotomy
- Previous experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right person.
- Schedule approximately 8-5pm during weekdays but will sometimes be earlier and/or later depending on clinical and travel schedule
- Travel by car within Central Texas is required (typically in a company car)
- Hourly pay (FLSA non-exempt, eligible for overtime)
- Physical requirements: Frequent standing and sitting, ability to view patient images and operate imaging devices, frequent use of a computer terminal
About Austin Retina Associates
As the largest retina specialty group in Central Texas, our eight board-certified vitreoretinal surgeons travel to 13 locations across Central Texas to provide patients access to novel procedures and therapies. Austin Retina Associates offers a competitive salary and benefit package, including two retirement plans, health insurance, and paid time off.