We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 95 years, and we are looking to add to our team. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 140 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients. We are currently seeking an Ophthalmic Imaging Technician to serve patients at our South Park location.
Essential Job Functions:
Perform diagnostic tests including:
Angiography, if possible
Other advanced testing may be required
- Prepare exam rooms including the disposal of contaminated supplies and sterilize medical tools and equipment.
- Restock medical tools and equipment and arrange exam room instruments in addition set up lab trays necessary for a patient’s exam and procedures.
- Educate patients and/or caregivers with information on expectations and process for diagnostic testing
- Reliability and Dependability: Dependability and trustworthiness. Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality.
- Computer Savvy: Ability to utilized electronic medical records to properly document a patient encounter as well as other applicable related software.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate exemplary customer service to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Information Collection & Management: Able be able to collect, organize, and monitor patient information and clinical data accurately and efficiently. This data includes Protected Health Information (PHI), which must be handled in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Adaptability: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things and demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology.
- Organizational Skills: Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules activities
- Medical Knowledge: Intermediate understanding of Eye terminology and anatomy and best practices when providing diagnostic services
- Patient Facing Communication: Ability to effectively communicate expectation of therapy and services using terminology patients can easily understand in a friendly and positive way.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a nonexempt position with hours dependent upon clinic needs, Mondays-Fridays, 8 am – 5pm or as directed by the supervisor. It is expected that clinical staff will arrive no later than the start of clinic unless directed otherwise by their manager.
Travel maybe necessary in the event of clinical needs.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Computer proficient in MS office products and Epic preferred.
- Active Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Certified Ophthalmic Technician license from JACHPO preferred but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain positive team-oriented attitude with an attention to details.
- Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance to CEENTA standards (may vary by specialty and/ or physician)