The Ophthalmic Photographer is responsible for satisfying the practice needs for patient imaging through ophthalmic photography, fluorescein angiography, ultrasonography, and OCT. They are also responsible for the proper usage and care of the imaging equipment. The Ophthalmic Photographer must have previous phlebotomy experience to be able to inject the contrast media.
- Perform fundus photography, OCT, and fluorescein angiography, including injection of contrast.
- Ensure patients diagnostic imaging is performed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure proper patient images are uploaded to the correct patient charts.
- Maintain active certification for all Clinical Studies the company participates in.
- Proper usage and care of imaging equipment.
- Maintain proper supply levels of necessary supplies at all clinic locations.
- Travel with physicians to other clinics.
- Assist clinical staff with patient workups when schedules require it.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to OSHA, HIPAA, and Medicare guidelines.
- Other duties requested and/or assigned.