St. Luke's Cataract & Laser Institute is looking to hire full-time, experienced ophthalmic technicians to join our team! We offer a competitive salary based on experience and ophthalmic certifications (COA, COT, COMT).
“Excellence…with love” is a mission statement we adhere to in every aspect of our care giving, from the moment a patient walks through our doors to the follow-up care they receive. We are committed to helping our patients attain overall wellness in body, mind, and spirit.
Why work at St. Luke’s at the Villages Eye Care and Surgical Center?
St. Luke’s is a legendary ophthalmic practice with five locations in the Gulf Coast region of Florida and one in The Villages. The St. Luke’s name is known not only for excellence in cataract surgery results and patient care but also for career opportunities and growth in the communities we serve. Our offices are found in places where many people vacation, so if you’re seeking a position with a Florida lifestyle where you have the chance to learn new skills every day and get to work alongside some of the best doctors and support staff in the world, you’ve come to the right place!
St. Luke’s at the Villages opened in November 2012 as a state of the art ophthalmic facility. Led by Kimberly Ireland, M.D., our team of employees is committed to fulfilling our motto by providing “Excellence with Love” to our patients. Our practice is dedicated to ensuring that each of our patients has the best vision possible, and that our patients are treated with respect and compassion. St. Luke’s at The Villages is affiliated with St. Luke’s Cataract and Laser Institute, founded in 1968 by James P. Gills, M.D., and based in Tarpon Springs, FL.
Please visit our website to learn more about St. Luke’s at The Villages:
What do we look for?
- Candidates with a strong customer service focus
- A desire for growth in a successful medical practice
- Career minded individuals looking for a plan for longevity
- Full-time availability; Monday – Friday 7am – 6pm
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment
- Demonstrates experience in a fast paced clinic environment
- Must be willing to travel when needed to all locations with provider
- Efficiently and accurately interviews patients and documents histories; ensures charts are updated and accurate
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease and ocular medications
- Experience with HVF, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, Amslers, Muscle Fields, Pupil Exams, and Refracting
- Proficiency with EMR computer programs; NextGen is preferred
- Perform general duties and other functions as required or assigned
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Mileage Reimbursement (when traveling to other locations)
- Leadership and Career Advancement Opportunities
We hire Non-Smokers only
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
We participate in E-Verify