The Rossi Laboratory at the University of Pittsburgh is seeking candidates for a Ophthalmic Imaging Specialist position. The project goal is to develop and apply advanced imaging technologies better understand and diseased retina.
Specific duties include:
- Perform and assist with imaging studies of human participants
- Acquire and analyze images from clinical and advanced ophthalmoscopy systems including fundus cameras, optical coherence tomography and adaptive optics scanning light ophthalmoscopy
- Process data using commercial and custom software packages
- Schedule imaging sessions and research meetings
- Acquire informed consent and collect blood samples from study participants
- Organize laboratory data and supplies
- Write and present research findings for internal and external meetings, perform literature searches and contribute to preparation of journal manuscripts and grant applications.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
The position requires a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Physics, Computer Science, Physiology or related disciplines.
2. The following (or equivalent) are highly desired:
a. Experience with ophthalmic photography or imaging
b. Experience with optical coherence tomography or confocal microscopy
c. Experience with image analysis
d. Experience with basic computer programming
e. Experience with statistical analysis
f. Experience working in an academic or medical research environment
g. Experience with technical writing