Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS) is an integrated health system serving Wisconsin with about 10,000 employees and over 1,200 providers comprising 86 specialties, health plan, and research and education programs. MCHS primary operations include Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield Medical Centers in Marshfield, Eau Claire, Ladysmith, Rice Lake, Park Falls, and Neillsville, Marshfield Children's Hospital, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Security Health Plan, and Marshfield Clinic Health System Foundation.
The Ophthalmic Assistant functions as a member of the healthcare team by providing basic ophthalmic, technical and clerical support to assist providers in providing for patients' care, comfort, and safety. The individual will complete specialized optometric/ophthalmic tests as requested by the provider and will assist providers with procedures. The Ophthalmic Assistant performs in a manner consistent with Marshfield Clinic's mission, policies, and initiatives while maintaining patient confidentiality.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of a post-secondary medical terminology course within 6 months of hire
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification awarded by the American Heart Association within one year
- Completion of the Independent Home Study Workbook and Exam within six months of hire (core competencies skills will be tested at six months of hire and training will be completed at that time)
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant certification awarded by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) within 15 months of hire.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant program. Successful completion of a post secondary medical terminology course at time of hire
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification awarded by the American Heart Association at time of hire
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant certification awarded by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) at time of hire
Working at Marshfield Clinic Health System, you will enjoy:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comprehensive benefits package
Questions may be directed to Kimberly Wojcik, Human Resources:
Apply directly through:
Or through our Career Center at:
Reference job number R-0001315
1000 N. Oak Ave.
Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.