Position Summary: (Full Time / Part Time Positions Available)
The candidate selected for this position will help to develop a center of excellence for a state-of-the-art ophthalmology practice within extremely busy optical retailer.
We are seeking an ophthalmic assistant or optometric assistant for a very innovative professional company that is involved in providing patients with remote refractions and eye health exams via tele-ophthalmology.
Candidate must have an upbeat positive personality, is articulate, maintain excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to grow in an evolving professional services, and support of new cutting edge ophthalmic technology.
Position is located in Torrance, California.
Preferred Duties of Ophthalmic/ Optometric Assistant:
- Patient registration and intake via EMR
- Patient scheduling and coordination
- Interfacing with optical retailer Proper medical history taking
- Knowledge of common eye diseases and symptoms
- Measure visual acuities at distance and near utilizing the appropriate test
- Perform preliminary screening test and be able to recognize and record abnormalities
- Ophthalmic instrument technique
- Maintain proper documentation
- Conduct visual field, retinal imaging and slit lamp procedures (Must be able to perform the following: refractometry, visual field tests (automated), slit lamp examination with anterior chamber assessment, and retinal imaging (fundus photography)
- Calibration and maintenance of each instrument and machine
- Previous experience as an Ophthalmic or Optometric Assistant or Medical Assistant
- Manual Refractometry (preferred, but not required)
- Basic office equipment and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in quality improvement
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, Mandarin, etc.) a plus, but not required
- Available on Weekends
What We Offer: (Full Time Candidates)
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued during the first year of employment.
- 5 sick/personal days
- Paid Holidays
- Health benefits with company contribution for single coverage
- Dental benefits
- 401KAmeriflex FSAAnnual pair of eyeglasses with exam