Success is measured one step at a time
I hold myself to the highest standards. And believe in my ability to make a difference—one day at a time. As an employee of Kaiser Permanente, I have the freedom to put these beliefs into practice. Here, I have the resources and support I need to realize my potential. If you believe professional empowerment leads to personal satisfaction, this is the place to put your beliefs into practice. We have the following part-time position at our Marlow Heights Medical Center in Suitland, Maryland.
Ophthalmology Assistant II
Part-Time (32 hrs/wk)
In this role, you will perform the initial work-up and specialized examinations of the eye as directed by the ophthalmologist. In addition, you will assist the ophthalmologist with clinical examinations and surgical procedures as directed.
- At least two years of experience working in an Ophthalmology practice as an Ophthalmic Assistant
- A high school diploma or GED
- Formal course in ophthalmology or military training
- Certification as an Ophthalmic Assistant by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology
- BLS certification
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software
- Successfully demonstrated proficiency on initial skills assessment during the interview process
- Formal shadowing program or actual experience in a program for IV insertion for non-nurses preferred
- The ability to perform IV Fluoroscein Angiography preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 616412.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers