Looking for a full-time experienced and skilled Ophthalmic Assistant versed in all areas of the clinic to join our team in providing excellent medical eye care.
- Must greet patients with courtesy and respect. Answer questions and direct requests appropriately and efficiently.
- Be a person of integrity and character, willing to embrace change and make a positive impact in the lives of patients and co-workers.
- Ability to work with staff members at all levels of the practice in a cooperative, team-oriented manner.
- Identifies self and department or doctor to internal and external customers. Wears identification badge at all times.
- Follow established practice policies and procedures.
- Must be able to be mobile and work various positions (standing, sitting, bending, and walking) for extended periods of time during an 8-hour period.
- Must be able to work under stress and remain calm and professional.
- Must demonstrate flexibility in job assignment.
- Must demonstrate extensive experience in fast- paced clinic environment.
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms.
- Provides patient and/or family member with a brief explanation of any procedures prior to performing a procedure.
- Assists with patient eye examinations, office procedures that may include in-office surgical procedures, treatments or use of laser as directed by the physician.
- Performs refractions on patients.
- Performs various vision and diagnostic tests using ophthalmic instruments that provide diagnostic information and identifies to patient or family member brief explanation of test.
- Documents instructions given to patient in patient’s chart.
- Administers topical medications or diagnostic drugs as required by the physician for testing or treatment.
- Helps patients to understand about the medications, test or procedures and comply with treatments the physician prescribes.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports for test tracking to provide continuing and quality patient care.
- Make sure charts all completely updated and accurate.
- Coordinates schedule changes with front desk.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned cheerfully and willingly.
Experience and Skills:
- Efficiently and accurately interviews patients and documents histories.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms and ocular meds.
- Utilizes proper eye drop technique and sterility.
- Understands and uses proper sterile technique.
- Understands and follows procedures for surgical and procedural consents.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
High School graduation or recognized equivalent
Certified personnel preferred but non-certified with ophthalmic experience will be considered.