Retina Institute of Virginia is seeking a full time Ophthalmic Assistant. We are a large, busy Ophthalmic practice looking for a self-starter, detail-oriented, and responsible individual with a positive attitude.
The purpose of RIV is to provide the highest quality of care to our patients with high-quality personnel, equipment and facilities.
We offer a team oriented work environment where we always work for the good of the patient and practice, not for our own convenience. No one is more important than anyone else, and we make sure everyone feels valued. We have worked hard to create a no nonsense work environment where we always encourage a ‘happy to do it’ attitude.
The Ideal Candidate:
This position is primarily responsible for working up patients in a timely manner in preparation to see the physician. Candidate must also:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms and ocular meds.
- Have a working understanding of B-Scans, fundus photos, nerve fiber analysis, OCT and fluoroscein angiography.
- Utilize proper eye drop technique and sterility.
- Understand and use proper sterile technique.
- Utilize proper universal precaution procedures.
- Understand characteristics of common posterior segment disorders.
- Understand and follow protocol for surgical and procedural consents.
- Display consistent professionalism.
- Energetic and empathetic with patients.
- Ability to consistently display positive rapport with fellow employees.
- Ability to cooperate with supervisory staff and physicians.
- Demonstrate flexibility in job assignment.
- Demonstrate initiative in accomplishing practice goals.
- Experience in phlebotomy - not mandated, but beneficial.
- Ability to use Opical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Fundus Photo/FA, Visual Field, automatic lensometer, and autoclave.
The Ophthalmic Assistant must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a very fast-paced work environment. Being a team player and able multi-task is also a must. Someone who will take initiative will be very successful. You also must be very detail oriented, but not lose sight of the ‘forest because of the trees’.
Great communication skills are a must since you will be working closely with the MDS, your colleagues, and patients.
Job Details and Benefits:
This is a full time Scribe position. Retina Institute of Virginia offers a team-oriented work environment and competitive compensation package, with benefits including: continuing education, medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, paid training, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401(k).
Salary commensurate with experience. Some travel to satellite offices required. EOE.
If you want to get a lot of exciting experience and be apart of a talented, diverse team then apply now! We look forward to hearing from you!