Florida Eye Consultants is looking for an experienced Retina Assistant. The position assists Ophthalmologist or Optometrist by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but other duties may be assigned:
- Calls patients from the sub-waiting room and escorts them to the exam room
- Record and document physician's finding of exam in EMR in acoordance with facility orotocol. Obtain physician review and signature of documentation charted
- Assist physicianwith patient instructions when indicated to include:
- Amsler grid
- Lid hygiene
- Diagnosis and treatment plan, which may include informational brochure distribution
- Completing written prescriptions
- Assist physician with the insertion of eye drops, ointments, pressure patches, and bandage contact lens
- Assist physician withvprocedures to include lasers cultures, sutures, injections, excisions, and biopsies.
- Perform diagnostic testing such as HVF and OCT's when required
- Set-up lasers for procedures, assist physician during procedure, and perform eye irrigation on patient post procedure
- Under the direction ofthe physician, mark the encounter forms to include:
- Level of visit
- Procedure (CPT code)
- Diagnosis (lCD-9 code)
- Return visit and reason
- Referring Physician
- Obtains and records patient's preliminary case history
- Maintains patient records
- Instructs paitient in care and use of glasses or contact lenses
- Maintains inventory of materials and cleans instruments
We are excited to add a new member to the team and looking to fill this position as soon as possible! The hourly rate will be DOE. If you have the necessary experience and are ready to work in an exciting environment, please apply today!
We are a drug free workplace and follow all of the non-discrimination rules for hiring.