Maryland Eye Care Center is currently recruiting for experienced, outgoing, friendly, and team oriented candidates to join our staff as an Ophthalmic Technician/ Scribe. These individuals will assist our doctors, provide patient care and perform eye-related clinical tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES ARE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Reviews patient chart to ensure completeness and accuracy of information. Performs general work-up and testing required by type of exam scheduled, patient complaint and history.
• Acts as scribe, if qualified, while physician examines patient entering data into electronic medical records or hand writes in paper chart, oversees patient flow.
• Must be able to take an ocular and systemic history and accurately record visual acuity; perform lensometry, refractometry, basic muscle balance testing, assess pupils, Ishihara color plates, stereo, assess the anterior chamber, tonometry, confrontation visual fields and gross external exam, OCT, Pentacam, contact lens teaching.
• Administer topical ophthalmic or oral medications under the direction of the physician.
• Assists with in-office procedures by ensuring that proper informed consent is obtained, sets up and cleans up from procedures.
• Assists in training of other ophthalmic assistants.
• Complies with all practice procedures and protocols.
• Complies with all State and Federal regulations. Understands and accepts responsibility to report potential or suspected errors to supervisor.
• Maintains positive attitude consisting of cooperation, self-motivation, politeness, and proficiency.
• Professional appearance and strong work ethic
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Computer proficient
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to control patient's transition throughout the office
• Must support established office policies and
• HIPAA compliance
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
• Punctuality is imperative
• Certification a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-known ophthalmology practice and build upon your existing skills. Salary and Benefits competitive, and commensurate with education, certification and experience. Additional on the job training will be provided
Please send resumes to email@example.com. NO RECRUITERS!