Under general supervision, perform a variety of general office functions, patient care activities, and ophthalmic diagnostic tests.
- Obtain a complete medical and ophthalmic history
- Establish rapport with patients during diagnostic testsand examinations
- Obtain visual acuities
- Plot visual fields using a Humphrey automated perimeter
- Perform manual lensometry
- Perform applanation tonometry and/or tonopen tonometry
- Perform confrontation visual fields.
- Perform amsler grid and stereo testing.
- Instill dilated drops when directed by physician.
- Perform refractometry
- Perform basic strabismus evaluations.
- Perform corneal topography.
- Explain physician's orders.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment using established methods of cleaning and sterilization
- Prepare and maintain examination rooms
- Complete lab slips and requisitions for tests
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- High School graduation or recognized equivalent
Certified personnel preferred but non-certified with ophthalmic experience will be considered.