To screen Patients and work with Physicians to facilitate eye exams.
* Obtain patient histories according to department protocol.
* Perform vision test.
* Operate automated/manual Lensometer and check prescriptions.
* Obtain vital signs according to protocol, and dependent upon licensure.
* Instill dilation drops per department protocol.
* Clean and set up rooms between patients.
* Daily room cleaning and re-stocking room supplies and medications.
* Maintain and clean instruments per protocol.
* Clean and maintain equipment.
* Perorm basic clinical eye testing
- Color Vision testing
- Stereo Vision testing
* Perform refraction - Manual
* Perform advanced clinical testing depending upon experience.
- Visual Field testing
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Fundus Photography
- IOL Master Biometry
* Assist with procedures.
* Maintain working knowledge of Ophthalmic procedural/diagnostic coding.
* Maintain working knowledge of Ophthalmic anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, ocular motility, clinical optics, and contact lenses.
*Other duties assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
* Ability to perform the essential skills listed under job function.
* Familiar with baic ophthalmic pharmacology, anatomy, and pharmacology
* Basic knowledge of ophthalmic procedural/diagnostic coding.
* Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
* Ability to provide quality patient service.
* Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
* Ability to relate effectively with coworkers, physicians, and staff and to function as part of the team.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to focus amidst ongoing destructions and interruptions.
* Ability to relate effectively to patients and general public.
* Telephone etiquette
* Skills in organization, timme management, and problem-solving.