Summary of the position:
To assist the physician by providing preliminary medical evaluation to include diagnostic evaluation for clinical patients as well as providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients by performing duties within the scope of the policy and procedures defines by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preliminary components of the ophthalmic work up due to nature of patient complaint and current status at the request of the physician.
- Instill eye medications as per physician’s order.
- Perform diagnostic testing to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patient (when appropriate)
- Provide education and instruction on the use and maintenance of contact lens
- Document patient encounters properly in accordance to CEENTA compliance guidelines in electronic medical record software in a timely manner
- Provide educational and triage information to patient and their families (when appropriate)
- Maintain OSHA standards to ensure sterilized and safe environment.
- Maintain CEENTA Compliance standards in regards to patient demographics and medical information
Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain positive team oriented attitude with an attention to details.
Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance to CEENTA standards utilizing: (may vary by specialty and/ or physician)
- Slit Lamp
- Visual Field machine
- Fundus camera
- OCT machine
- Lensometer (manual and automated)
- Color plate
- Amsler Grid
- Schirmer test
- Blood pressure cuff
Network computer software applications, practice management software and applicable electronic medical record software.
Minimum Education Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.