Do you want to work for one of Carolinas’ most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates, PA (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years is looking to add to their clinical support staff team. We are currently looking for an Ophthalmic Assistant with experience providing clinical support for an ophthalmologist.
Summary of the position:
Assist the physician by providing preliminary medical evaluation to include diagnostic evaluation for clinical patients as well as providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preliminary components of the ophthalmic work up due to nature of patient complaint and current status at the request of the physician.
- Instill eye medications as per physician’s order.
- Perform diagnostic testing to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patient (when appropriate)
- Provide education and instruction on the use and maintenance of contact lens
- Assist with surgery scheduling
- Provide educational and triage information to patient and their families (when appropriate)
Education and/ or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least one year of related Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong refracting skills preferred. Previous scribing experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain positive team oriented attitude with an attention to details.
Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance to CEENTA standards utilizing: (may vary by specialty and/ or physician)
- Slit Lamp
- Visual Field machine
- Fundus camera
- OCT machine
- Lensometer (manual and automated)
- Color plate
- Amsler Grid
- Schirmer test
- Blood pressure cuff
Certificates and License:
Valid and active certificate from JCAHPO as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or Certified Ophthalmic Technician is preferred but not required
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment. Our physicians believe in continuing education and offer opportunities for up to 30 hours of free CE a year, plus our compensation model is structured to offer higher wages to certified technicians. Join our team to provide excellent patient care!