Position title: Optometry Office Lead/ Insurance Specialist
Reports to: Twenty200 Optical Community Dispensaries Supervisor
Supervises: Optometry Receptionist and Optometric Technician
LOOKING FOR A LEADING ROLE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD? NEEDING A FRESH START? IFB Solutions Twenty/200 Eyewear has the job for you. Working with our excellent optometry care staff, the Optometry Lead/ Insurance Specialist will be responsible for daily Optometrist Office support and leadership for a new optometry practice. The lead will also be responsible for financial and accounting practices and have significant experience as an insurance specialist. Here to serve the needs of our customers, we offer competitive wages and exceptional benefits in a friendly, mission-driven work environment. Interested, contact 336-245-5611 or 336-245-5665. Apply now and start today!
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the optometrist, lead and guide practice activities including but not limited to the following:
- Supervise daily reconciliation of payments, bank deposits, and receipt verification.
- Act as a lead office resource.
- Lead and direct staff in day-to-day operations.
- Oversee all aspects of contact lenses, product orders, and delivery. This area may be delegated to a qualified office employee.
- Ongoing staff training and remediation.
- Plan and facilitate staff meetings as requested by the Optometrist.
- Manage patient complaints and ensure follow up and notification to appropriate parties.
- Supervise all office supplies.
- Oversight of recall tactics (monthly and daily).
- Print and mail statements to patients (monthly).
- Track data; produce reports (monthly and as needed).
- Lead and assist insurance billing and claim to file.
- Review and manage accounts receivable, aging reports for patients, and insurance plans.
- Open mail and distribute unopened mail to the practice owner.
- Manage bookkeeping; enter data into practice software.
- Support Marketing and/or Social Media activities.
- Order and supervise maintenance on the facility and equipment.
- Assist with information technology.
- Test new procedures and policies.
- When needed acts as a liaison between employees and their parent company on all matters related to payroll, discipline, employee expectations, and benefits.
- Works with IFB Solutions on all recruiting needs.
- Collaborates and fosters open communication with Twenty200 Office Manager as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to deliver great customer experience and professionalism in any environment.
- Upbeat and positive demeanor.
- Proven ability to work well with and lead a close team.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Adaptable to changing needs of the workplace.
- Able to sit, stand, or be on feet for extended periods of time.
- Able to work overtime or flexible schedule should the business need require.
Education and work experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience leading in or managing a medical or optometry practice with a team of 2 or more employees working in the office (Required).
- Comprehensive understanding of eyecare and/or medical insurance verification and filing processes (Preferred).
- 2 years of minimum experience overseeing finance and accounting inside of a medical or optometry office (Required)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, multi-line telephone, internet, and email communication (Required).
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with maintaining HIPAA compliance in a medical, optometry, or optical environment (Preferred).
- Training of insertion and removal of contact lenses experience preferred, but not required (willingness to train on these duties required).
- Optometry Tech abilities or experience preferred, but not required (willingness to train on these duties required).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. WSIFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, and disability or genetics.