The Office Assistant supports the Office Manager in our busy Retina practice. This full-time position involves administrative and billing responsibilities.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Greeting patients and visitors; answering or referring inquiries
- Patient intake and check-out procedures
- Obtaining all appropriate consent forms
- Scheduling patient visits and tests
- Collecting co-pays and balances
- Requesting prior-authorizations
- Interfacing with commercial and federal/state payers to verify patient coverage
- Entering patient data into PMS and EMR systems
- Filing medical charts
- Maintaining a clean and organized reception area
- Assisting other administrative/clinical staff as needed
- Compliance with all practice procedures and protocols
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years’ front desk experience in a medical office setting required; Ophthalmology experience preferred.
- Knowledge of insurances and front-end billing procedures
- Superior level of customer service and friendly demeanor
- Excellent computer skills – requirement of MS applications – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.