Associated Retinal Consultants, P. C., is one of the largest retina sub-specialty practices in the United States with 20 physicians practicing cutting-edge medicine and research, in 16 locations across Michigan.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our front desk team. This is a full-time, Monday-Friday, position.
We offer competitive pay and, a generous benefit package, which includes employer-paid health insurance, and a substantial retirement package for full-time employees.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties of a routine nature, including answering the telephone and scheduling appointments
- Verify insurance benefits and eligibility
- Accept and correctly post payment to patient accounts
- Complete various types of administrative forms and paperwork
- Engage directly with patients on a daily basis
- Travel, as necessary to various ARC locations
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills required
- Excellent attendance and punctuality required
- Advanced keyboarding skills, proficiency in MS Word and Excel, comfortable with the use of technology, and ability to use database systems needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed
- Strong analytical and problems-solving skills necessary
- Experience in an outpatient clinic preferred
- Billing experience highly desirable
- Working knowledge of insurance carriers and their requirements, including prior authorizations, needed
Knowledgeable about drug assistance programs and ability to complete necessary patient enrollment preferred.
Reports to: Office Coordinator.
Directly Supervises: Not applicable
Work Schedule: Core business hours are M – F, 8 am – 5 pm, with some variability based on clinic needs. Occasional travel between clinics is required.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Moderate physical activity (standing, bending, sitting, walking, pulling and lifting) for most of the work shift.
- Clean office environment.
- Potential exposure to body fluids with direct patient contact.
- Possible hazardous chemicals.