The Revenue Cycle Specialist reports to the Senior Manager of Revenue Cycle and is responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to surgical coding.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Surgical Coding from operative reports
- Interacts with staff and payers to answer questions, obtain information and resolve issues and/or coding errors
- Ensures that coding is accurate and sequenced according to government and insurance regulations
- Communicates with providers regarding insufficient medical documentation
- Participates in and assist with audits as needed
- Keeps abreast of most recent information relevant to medical coding and billing
- Attends and participates in payer meetings / seminars as needed
- Maintains open, positive and team-oriented lines of communication with management and staff members
- Contributes to the team through positive attitude, respectful interaction and innovative ideas
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a medical billing specialist role; Back-end billing experience within Ophthalmology preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT codes and procedures
- Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively on projects
- Ability to interface with management and co-workers
- Ability to create channels of communication to obtain information necessary to perform job tasks, such as with clients, payers, clinical staff and billing department staff
- Ability to recognize individual and system problems and to communicate such information to the supervisor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Outstanding computer skills with billing software, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, able to learn our system, good typing skills
- Experience with Medicare, insurances, claims, appeals
- Ability to work with proprietary information, PHI, ePHI, etc., while maintaining confidentiality at all times
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.