The Revenue Cycle Specialist reports to the Senior Manager of Revenue Cycle and is responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to surgical coding.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Surgical Coding from operative reports
- Interacts with staff and payers to answer questions, obtain information and resolve issues and/or coding errors
- Ensures that coding is accurate and sequenced according to government and insurance regulations
- Communicates with providers regarding insufficient medical documentation
- Participates in and assist with audits as needed
- Keeps abreast of most recent information relevant to medical coding and billing
- Attends and participates in payer meetings / seminars as needed
- Maintains open, positive and team-oriented lines of communication with management and staff members
- Contributes to the team through positive attitude, respectful interaction and innovative ideas
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a medical billing specialist role; Back-end billing experience within Ophthalmology preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT codes and procedures
- Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively on projects
- Ability to interface with management and co-workers
- Ability to create channels of communication to obtain information necessary to perform job tasks, such as with clients, payers, clinical staff and billing department staff
- Ability to recognize individual and system problems and to communicate such information to the supervisor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Outstanding computer skills with billing software, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, able to learn our system, good typing skills
- Experience with Medicare, insurances, claims, appeals
- Ability to work with proprietary information, PHI, ePHI, etc., while maintaining confidentiality at all times
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.