Position: Insurance Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
Industry: Healthcare / Retail
Reports to: Managed Care Billing Manager
Hours: Traditional M-F (8-5 or 9-6)
Location: Support Center, Morrisville, NC 27560
The ideal candidate for this position is highly organized, has strong communication skills, is a self-starter, is detail oriented and thrives in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- File Insurance claims for all locations (Vision and Medical)
- Ensure proper billing for insurance filing for all exams as necessary.
- Audit claims for accuracy and billing purposes.
- Scrub medical insurance claims before submitting
- Follow up on insurance denials
- Apply payments and adjustments according to EOB
- Communication liaison between locations and patients.
- Manage the over 90 day insurance accounts receivable balances as directed.
- Maintain an organized, neat, well-kept, and orderly work space.
- All other duties as assigned by management
- Minimum High school Diploma, some higher education preferred.
- 2-4 years prior medical billing and insurance coordination in a healthcare setting
- Computer Skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Passion for the Healthcare Industry
- Strong communication and ability to multitask.
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to sit in a cubicle for long periods of time