The Jobson Optical Group products reach the ECPs, retailers and laboratories playing major roles in the global optical market today. From industry news, product launches, fashion trends and clinical information to research, educational programs, custom publishing and e-marketing, Jobson is the leading, single source for today's worldwide ophthalmic community. Brands include 20/20, Vision Monday, Review of Optometry, Review of Optometric Business, Women in Optometry, ECP Business Services, Jobson Research, Jobson Interactive and Frames Data.
The Meetings Manager is responsible for planning and executing high-quality, executive-level meetings and events for a division of the company. This individual will handle Requests for Proposals (RFPs), in addition to negotiating contracts with external vendors and hotels. This individual works closely with senior leadership to ensure all events meet their objectives, and serves as an ambassador for the company brand, working closely with attendees and sponsors to ensure an excellent experience. The position requires an individual with conference management and CRM experience who is detail-oriented, an excellent multi-tasker, possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to work well both autonomously and with a team. The Meetings Manager is responsible for the operation of programs that exceed the clients' satisfaction and expectation, preparation and implementation of all aspects of the contracted program, supervision of the program from pre-operation to invoicing, management of program staff and growth of partner supplier relations.
- Provide program operation leadership by developing, organizing and supervising all the elements of the program so that it exceeds expectations
- Successfully communicate with clients, staff, and supplier partners
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and within deadlines for programs
- Deliver high quality programs
- Manage events, meetings, and seminars from site selection through post-event surveys and budget reconciliation
- Manage online registration process and reporting in CVent
- Negotiate contracts with numerous external vendors, hotels, A/V companies, etc.
- Develop and implement schedules and methods that support the successful execution of all events
- Oversee flawless on-site management that achieves brand goals
- Ensure all elements of sponsorship are fulfilled
- Collaborate with other Marketing staff to ensure appropriate materials are present at events to enhance the brand/image, including signage, handouts, premiums, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4 to 6 years of experience in meeting and event planning
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- CMP a plus, but not required
- Highly skilled at CVent, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Travel required – up to 25%