POSITION: Physician Practice Liaison
REPORTS TO: Physician/Administration
Bring your sales, marketing and relationship management skills to work where you can make a direct and immediate impact! Montgomery & Riddle Eyecare is the areas’ most innovative, trusted and recognized ophthalmology practices. As a leader in Upstate South Carolina (Greenville, Clinton, and Newberry), our team of healthcare professionals and staff that take pride in the work we do every day to improve the lives of our patients. Now is a great time to join our rapidly growing practice!
We are looking for a physician liaison who can thrive in a fast-paced business environment and serve as a key relationship manager to referring physicians and their support staff. This position will collaborate with the Administration and clinic leadership to implement marketing strategies to increase referrals. The Physician Liaison's primary responsibilities are to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships through in person office visits, written communications, and events.
- Develop and execute on a sales and marketing plan in your market to build awareness and increase new patients to the practice
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad range of referral partners, physicians, attorneys, employer groups, corporate wellness executives, fitness and athletic organizations, and social media.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with referring physicians to share ideas and best practices to grow specific markets.
- Promote our brand, practice and services in the broader community through participation and sponsorship of events
- Research prospective organizations and partners to further expand business and identify decision-makers in those organizations; calling on those prospects and engaging in conversations designed to generate referral opportunities
- Makes personal calls to physicians and/or optometrists to increase the share referrals and set up in office meetings and/or lunch and learns
- Differentiate our practice through education, references and other means
- Assist Administration with tasks and goals.
- Understand the company’s goals and purpose in order to continually enhance the company’s performance
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute existing sales and marketing strategies, as well as innovate strategies to build our referral base, grow new patients and maximize brand awareness.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with current and prospective physicians and staff and all levels of management
- Prior field sales or field marketing experience and a passion for helping people and helping a business grow
- Strong customer service skills and excellent follow-up skills
- The ability to multi-task, roll up your sleeves, see what needs to be done to while collaborating with the team
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a team and individually
- 2-5 years’ experience in account management, inside sales, membership sales, pharma sales, or similar roles or industries.
- Established referral relationships with local physician’s and/or optometrists desired
- Tenacity in overcoming obstacles, and objections to ensure new patient goal attainment and growth of the brand.
- Personal Appearance - Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
We offer excellent health benefits, a competitive salary, and paid time off. Travel/mileage will be reimbursed. Montgomery & Riddle Eyecare is an equal opportunity employer. We preform pre-employment background check and drug screenings prior joining our company.
*Monday through Friday – 8:30am until 5:00pm, there will be time when you will have to come to after work meetings and potential before work breakfast meetings. Must be willing to accommodate physician’s schedules while planning events and coordinating meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 1 year
- Medical Terminology: 1 year
- Sales: 2 years