Rx Marketing Specialist
POSITION OF THE JOB IN THE ORGANIZATION
Organization: Costa Del Mar, Sun & Readers
Reports to: Rx Senior Marketing Manager
This position is responsible for maximizing the performance of Rx sunglasses & optical frames by executing marketing materials and campaigns.
- Manage Marketing Assets including: Product & Marketing Photography/Images, POS, Displays and Tradeshow materials, as well as FTP site.
- Coordinate POS, Packaging & Collateral Material with designers to implement updates, with internal key stakeholders for approvals, and with printers on production.
- Execute promotional retail marketing programs including sweepstakes administration, fulfillment house for kitting and materials distribution. This also includes managing store lists, inventory, order placement, and shipment tracking.
- Prepare marketing reports by compiling, formatting and summarizing status/data/information.
- Analyze sales data (geographic, account, consumer group).
- Traffic turn-key creative requests for Sales Team (Co-Op).
- Assist in creating the Sales Materials for RX new product launches (annual new frames, new lenses, technology).
- Implement and maintain Rx Marketing presentations and calendars.
- Participate in the development of marketing/promotional programs for retail accounts.
- Compile retail account, competitive information / Competitive product reviews.
- Update job knowledge by participating in Optical educational opportunities; reading trade publications and attending trade shows.
- Met and obtain organization goals by continuously owning and exploring new opportunities and requests to value add to the position.
- Prepare updates for “Costa Connect” intercompany meetings.
- Support Rx Care and Repair support (consumer messaging, processes).
Daytona Beach, Florida
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with a high amount of accuracy.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Bachelors in Marketing, or Communication or Associates in Opticianry, plus 3-5 years of experience in the optical industry.
- Expected to travel 5-15% of the time minimum.
- Must be highly responsible, a self-starter and accountable for managing their time and responsibilities while spending time both in the office and on the road.
- High level of organization and coordination capabilities including managing orders, calendars, event logistics, coordination of travel and processing of repairs both in the facility and offsite.
ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objective and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Costa is a dynamic member of one of the world’s most prestigious commercial optical enterprises, Essilor International, and the fastest-growing sun brand in the United States. Using its proprietary optical technology, Costa produces the world’s clearest polarized performance sunglasses, which continue to capture devotees from fishermen to sports and outdoor enthusiasts alike. Consumers can find Costa products across a large network of prominent retailers, including Dick’s Sporting Goods, Dillard’s, and Hibbet Sports and independent eye care professionals.
The company’s exciting new opportunities and loyal followers are a true testament to the unwavering mission of its original founders, a group of hardcore fishermen who spent their days exploring the globe and battling extreme elements and came to realize that the sunglasses they were relying on weren't as hardcore as their adventures. They founded Costa in 1983 with a commitment to produce “the clearest sunglasses on the planet for life’s greatest adventures.”
While anglers, surfers, college students, and water enthusiasts remain core customers, Costa’s ambitious growth strategy and innovative marketing approach is accelerating the brand’s entry into new customer and geographic segments. After a generation of growth fueled by aggressive brand-building and development of related sunglass and lifestyle accessories, Costa is at a pivotal point as it builds momentum in other parts of the U.S., and internationally. Costa is building the organization of the future and this position plays an important role in the brand’s future success.
For more information about Costa products and technology please visit www.costadelmar.com