This role is responsible for working in conjunction with the Vice President (VP) of Marketing to create the marketing strategy for the optometry market, and then driving its implementation. This includes marketing plans, key opinion leader programs, downstream marketing activities and measurement, sales and customer training, identifying business development opportunities, and competitive tracking and analysis.
Working with the VP of Marketing and the VP of Sales, develops and maintains strategic marketing plans designed to:
- Achieve corporate sales and profitability goals
- Drive adoption of new technology
- Further Optovue’s market penetration
Key Opinion Leader Program:
- In conjunction with the regional sales managers, builds relationships to expand Optovue’s KOL and TL base in each region for the OD market segment.
- Maintains regular communication with Optovue KOLs and TLs and ensures the Optovue value proposition is understood across all products, and represented in a consistent manner
- Negotiates, administers and processes KOL or TL contracts, honorariums and expenses
- Responsible for maintaining a current and accurate KOL and TL reference list for use by the sales team in their accounts
- In conjunction with the regional sales managers, organizes KOL and TL speakers for US-based OD trade shows, society or dinner meetings, scientific meetings, sales training and other company events.
- Monitors major OD meetings and strives to place an Optovue TL or KOL in the program
- Ensures that physician slide decks are updated to contain the most recent product and technology information, and value propositions, and provides this information to KOLs and TLs prior to scientific meetings
Oversees the introduction of new products and technologies into the optometric market segment. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Product positioning and messaging with respect to competitive offerings
- Pricing proposals
- Creating sales collateral
- Training the sales team
- Creating and executing the strategy for updating the installed base
- Ensures all messaging and campaigns comply with Optovue’s Regulatory Affairs standards
- Oversees customer and channel education programs
- Regularly creates new content for Optovue Academy
- Creates education materials to educate customers about new products offerings and software updates and upgrades
- Conducts market research including pricing/feature analysis, and competitive intelligence, customer trends. Provides regular competitive updates to the sales team and other internal stakeholders.
- Provides customer feedback about product enhancements to the product development team.
- Lead Generation
- Works collaboratively with the Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager to develop and manage lead generation campaigns
- Determines appropriate campaign timing
- Provides all content, including messaging and creative, to the Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager
- Meets regularly to understand ROI and adjusts campaigns as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, nursing, health science or a related field.
- MBA preferred
- 10 years of marketing experience in positions of increasing responsibility
- Experience in eye care diagnostics a must
- Experience in the OD market and smaller MD practices preferred
- Proven experience in developing and executing marketing plans that achieve corporate goals