Albany is a metropolitan community with a slow and steady way of life. Large enough to meet the “big city” needs of many, but with a small town feel. A community that cares about its citizens and a place where names and faces are not forgotten. You can find this same atmosphere within the Albany Area Primary Health Care family. Serving the Southwest Georgia community since 1979, AAPHC is a non-profit community health center with offices in Baker, Calhoun, Dooly, Dougherty, Lee, and Terrell Counties and is governed by a board of local citizens.
We are currently looking for a Liscenced Optician to join our team. Our setting is unquie as it blends a school based clinic with a traditional out patient vision clinic. Integrating services is something we take pride in at AAPHC. The Optician will manage dispensary/lab area of Vision Clinic. Conduct and record all frame styling, fitting, and adjusting data. Interact directly with the patient. Support patient flow and perform all optical measurements. Ensure daily upkeep of dispensary area/workroom. Manage monthly lab and optical supply list.
SAMPLE OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with patients and take initiative to explain frame styling and dispensing process.
- Perform measurements with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effectively communicate fitting and dispensing process for patient comprehension.
- Demonstrate optical knowledge through frame selection, repair, adjustments, and dispensing practices.
- Follow all ANSI optical standards.
- Assist with scheduling for vision clinic
- Ensures work areas are properly stocked and adequate supplies are maintained
- Responsible for keeping frame inventory up to date, clean and organized.
Qualified candidates must be ABO Certified or State Licensed. Previous optical dispensing experience preferred.
AAPHC is an EEO and offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and Monday-Friday working hours.
Please visit www.aaphc.org for more information on our organization.