Job Description: Responsible for quality dispensing of eyeglasses by operating a variety of optical equipment and following the doctor’s prescription.
Reports to: Optical Manager
- Reads computer generated and faxed prescription eyeglass orders.
- Enter data from orders in the computer.
- Assures the accuracy of all prescriptions.
- Serves as customer services for the local Veterans’ Hospital.
- Assures the accuracy of all paperwork.
- Assures that all specifications and quality procedures are followed.
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Fits, adjusts, and makes changes to frames to make a correct fit.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be a team player.
- Able to work in a fast paced, high stress area.
- Must know all of the laboratory equipment and be proficient in their operation.
Must have a four year degree or equivalent and be a licensed optician in the state where working.
**In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. WSIFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, and disability or genetics.**