Looking for an energetic individual who has great customer service skills and is able to work in a fast paced environment with little to no supervision. Typing/10-key is a plus. Must have open availability including nights and weekends. Benefits and 401k are available.
Assists members in ordering eyeglasses and lenses. Adjusts and dispenses eyeglasses and contacts. Measures and determines bifocal placement. Processes orders. Oversees non-licensed apprentices. Cleans department area. Assists members while providing prompt and courteous member service. Follows proper safety and security procedures and standards.
- Assists members with choosing eyeglass frames and lens options appropriate to prescription.
- Fits and adjusts lenses to eyeglass frames. Dispenses eyeglasses and contacts.
- Measures member's eyes for pupilary distance and determines bifocal placement.
- Answers questions and addresses problems regarding prescriptions, merchandise, and services. Refers to physician when appropriate.
- Processes sales. Organizes and fills member perscriptions. Places special orders to outside vendors.
- Stocks department equipment, merchadise, and supplies. Follows department procedures and standards for production, record keeping, merchandising, and merchandise storage. Cleans department.
- Oversees apprentices as required for certification qualification.
- Counts register at signon. Ensures the registers cleanliness. Orders change, cashes, and increases loans when needed. Makes witnessed drops/deposits of excess funds to the vault; orders cash increases and counts own register at shift end to maintain accurate register funds.
- Receives accurate payment for merchandise; makes change; processes checks, credit, and debit charges according to proper departmental procedures for paperwork and the performance of duties.
- Exercises descretion and confidentiality with all patient information.
- Follows proper Optical Center, general safety, and security procedures and standards.
- Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service to members, employees, and suppliers.
High School Diploma or GED, training and apprenticeship as required by state, and continuing education to maintain ABO and NCLE certification or State license.
Appropriate appreticeship, cashier or comparable experience.
Licenses and Certifications
ABO and NCLE or State license as required by state; Professionals HIPAA Training (prior to beginning work in department); Hazardous Material Training- Module 1 (within 30 days).