Eastern Eye Care is looking for a full-time/part-time optician with a minimum of one-year experience to join our team. We are a new private optometric practice with optical boutique located in the heart of booming Flushing area of New York City. We are serving the people in an Asian American dominated multi-ethnical community. We use state-of-the-art equipment and technology to provide comprehensive eye exams and treatment, special contact lens fitting, and myopia therapy in a professional and cordial environment.
The ideal candidate would be a compassionate person with experience in optical sale, and a strong customer service background and desire to make our patients happy. Experience as an optometric technician is also preferred. You would be a team player, detail oriented, quick learner, able to multitask and have strong communication skills. We provide competitive compensation based on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Educate patients on frame and ophthalmic lens options, contact lens options.
- Fit, dispense and adjust eyewear, including PD and seg height measurements; Enter sales into POS. Perform repairs of spectacles.
- Check incoming jobs, ensuring Rx, coatings and lens treatments are accurate; Track status of orders
- Maintain housekeeping standards for frame board management, front desk, lab and contact lens area, trial lenses and testing equipment; Order and stock inventory
- Educate patients on contact lens care and I & R
- Perform administration functions such as filing, pulling records, scheduling appointments, checking-in and out.
- Return phone calls promptly to patients, other medical and optometric practices, pharmacies and optical stores
- Greet all patients with a warm welcome and show desire to provide excellent eye care.
- Verify and interpret medical and vision insurances and eligibility.
- Perform diagnostic tests that include auto-refractions, visual fields, OCT, fundus photos, topography, etc.
- Provide prompt and professional assistance in patient care and education pertaining to the treatment prescribed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- NYS licensed optician
- Minimum of 1 year of optical and retail experience
- Great communication skills in person, on the phone and online; positive attitude
- Ophthalmic dispensing skills
- Knowledge of eyewear, lens options, frame adjustment and repair
- Awareness of fashion and ability to assist patients in choosing the best glasses and contacts based on their needs
- Experience of EMR for medical records, scheduling, inventory, and optical ordering (knowledge in Eyefinity EHR is plus)
- Familiarity with optical insurances including VSP, Spectera, Davis Vision. Knowledge of medical insurances is a plus
- Bilingual (English, Chinese or Korean) is preferred
- Flexibility to work weekends and hours that meet the needs of the business
Full-time or Part-time
Please reply with your resume, and a cover letter that explains your qualification and optical experience. You can also indicate the salary you are seeking.