Community Eye Care Specialists is expanding and seeking an additional Optician with a current State License and/or optical experience to join our team. The candidate will primarily assist patients in selecting eyeglass frames, lenses and lens coatings that best suit the patient needs. The candidate will accurately measure parameters necessary to fabricate glasses. Once the glasses are complete, you will be responsible for inspecting and dispensing the glasses to the patient. The candidate will file insurance claims so knowledge of VSP, EyeMed, Davis Vision and NVA is a plus.
Additional responsibilities will include pretesting patients and general office responsibilities.
In this specialized role, we are looking for professional candidates with optical experience and/or their licensure to be a certified optician.
· Excellent benefits (group health insurance, voluntary dental insurance, voluntary life insurance 401k retirement plan, free eye exams, and eyeglasses plus discounts for your family) are offered.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide exceptional customer service
· Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions as well as policies regarding payment, returns, exchanges
· Compute and process payment transactions/refunds using in-house Point of Sale system (My Vision Express)
· Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
· Process insurance claims (VSP, EyeMed, Davis Vision and NVA)
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products
· Create and maintain patient files, following company and HIPAA policies regarding confidentiality.
· Assess and interpret patient’s needs/wants based upon prescription requirements, facial features, lifestyle, and occupation, and suggest most appropriate products (i.e. frames, lens type, coatings)
· Take necessary measurements (i.e. measuring the patient’s pupillary distance, vertex distance, pantoscopic tilt, segment height)
· Inspect final product for accuracy
· Dispense final product to patient and troubleshoot as needed should non-adaptation occur
· Adjust and repair glasses as needed
· Educate patient on how best to care for their glasses
· General office duties may include answering phones, scheduling appointments, maintaining a clean office
Education and Experience Requirements
· High School graduate or equivalent
· State Licensure (if applicable)
· Maintain a valid ABO. Applicable in licensed states only per state requirement
· Optical dispensing experience
· Strong customer service skills: communicator, listener & team builder
· Knowledge of current store merchandise
· Strong basic math skills
· Awareness of current fashion trends
· Selling skills
· Familiarity with POS, computers & calculators
· Embrace new technology & change
· Professional medical oriented atmosphere
· Patient focused and customer service-oriented atmosphere
· Work independently as well as with others
· Environment is often fast-paced and deadline oriented
· Fine motor skills to repair glasses
Position is available immediately, so please forward your resume today.
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you!!
Job Type: Full-time Monday through Friday with occasional Saturday’s.
· Optical: 1 year (Preferred)
· High school or equivalent (Required)
Please contact Mary Beth Matthews at 716-499-6461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.