**WFBH - EYE CENTER IS LOOKING FOR A LICENSED OPTICIAN**
Optician - Optical Services, Janeway Tower - Full-time, 40 hours
Under general supervision, responsible for fitting, ordering, dispensing and adjusting eyeglasses.
High school diploma/GED and completion of a three year apprenticeship program required. Associate's degree in Opticianry preferred. Experience as a dispensing optician and in fitting contact lenses preferred.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
Licensed as an Optician by the North Carolina State Board of Opticians required.
Good oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of optics and optical science including lenses, frames, and latest technology
Knowledge of how to design and fit all types of eyewear
Solid math skills to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and computation of ratios and percentages
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications
1. Assists patients with selecting suitable frames; measures pupilary distance, bridge size, eye size and temple length of frame; adjusts finished eyeglasses to fit patient; recommends a different frame style as necessary.
2. Orders frames and lenses according to specifications. Checks power, decentration and bifocal height against the order placed and prescription.
3. Completes lab work such as grind lenses, place lenses in frames, apply tint, and place prisms in glasses.
4. Orders optical supplies from manufacturing representatives (e.g., frames, sunglasses, tools, etc.) as required.
5. Responsible for accurate recordkeeping of patient load and charges. May check supply invoices for accuracy and completeness.
6. Completes billing information for patients (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, etc.)
7. Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the optical field by attending seminars and reading pertinent journals.
8. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein