Join our team of dispensing opticians in a busy, private optometry office. Highland Vision Clinic has been offering elite customer service to our community for almost 30 years. Our clinic was recently rated as one of the top optical offices in the state of Washington by Puget Sound Consumers' Checkbook, an unbiased, non-profit service ratings publication.
Position Summary: Licensed Dispensing Optician or Apprentice Dispensing Optician
Optician Available: Immediately Compensation: $22/hr +, depending on job experience. Fringe benefits and paid holidays also provided.
Requirements: LDO, ABO certification or years of experience in the field helpful. Willing to train the right candidate
We are looking for a full time optician who has a positive attitude and is also dependable and detail-oriented, with a team-player/ leader mentality. Ability to multi-task and clearly communicate with our patients is paramount to our success. Experience with Office Mate is helpful. The duties of the lead optician will include:
- Assist patients with selecting fashionable frames and lenses according to written optical prescription or specification.
- Take appropriate measurements of patient for size of eyeglasses according the optical prescription.
- Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles.
- Adjust frame and lens position to fit patient.
- Assist patient with inserting, removing, and caring for contact lenses.
- Explain insurance benefits to patients in regards to vision hardware, process and submit hardware claims to insurance.
Location: Shoreline, WA
Hours: 35-40 hrs/ week. Usually includes one evening per week until 7:15pm, three day weekend every other week!