Our rapidly expanding practice has an immediate opportunity for a Lead Optometric Technician. In this role, you will leverage your Optometric/Ophthalmic Technician experience to lead, supervise, and develop our Optometric Technician team. This is a great opportunity to join the area’s top optometry provider at a time of explosive growth. If you have the desire to make your mark on a business that is quickly scaling, this might be the place for you.
- Ensure standardization of processes through effective staff training and performance management.
- Create weekly technician schedule to ensure adequate staffing levels while utilizing all resources in the most efficient manner.
- Provide outstanding service to patients and internal departments.
- Continuously monitor and recommend ways to improve processes relating to patient flow and service
Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Proven ability to communication performance feedback to help people succeed.
- A systematic approach to problem solving for all types of issues.
- Competence with identifying process improvement opportunities and then helping to implement them.
- Enthusiasm and positive mindset – must be able to effectively work with patients, doctors and employees to resolve technical and service issues in a mutually satisfactory manner.
- Organization in how they go about their work, able to multi-task when needed.
- Discretion and professionalism - which is expected due to the exposure to sensitive operational and patient information
- Self-motivation – able to keep up with required tasks in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to handle tasks as they arise in addition to those already scheduled
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of Optometric or Ophthalmic Technician experience
- 3+ years of successful leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication for exemplary customer service
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, time management and adaptable to a changing environment.
Simon Eye and Vision Quest are partner practices with a combined 25 Optometrists and 110 staff serving northern and southern Delaware. We are aligned to ensure our communities can access patient-centered, medically oriented full service eyecare delivered in convenient locations with friendly, knowledgeable doctors and staff.