Join Michigan’s Fastest Growing Eye Care Group!
Grand Rapids Ophthalmology, a partner of Blue Sky Vision, is looking for a Front Desk Receptionist to join our team in Holland. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and computer skills and provide a positive first impression, showing patients we provide unsurpassed care right from the start!
- Welcome and greet patients/clients/visitors to the office in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines the purpose of the visit and directs patients/clients/visitors to the appropriate person or department(s).
- Screens patients for a new address, new patient visit, or update registration.
- Proactively engages patients in communicating what to expect with the appointment and continues to convey delays or any other changes with the patient.
- Provides information to patients calling the provider office; transfers calls as needed; works to ensure adequate phone coverage at all times.
- Performs day-to-day administrative functions and general office duties, including but not limited to: word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones, and data entry.
- Schedules patient follow up appointments based on predetermined appointment templates.
- Maintains professionalism to provide excellent customer service for patients; practices confidentiality and privacy protocols by following policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Maintains patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is organized and neat.
- Informs the patient of any existing balance noted in the computer and requests the patient be prepared for any payment due at the time of the visit.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned as determined by the supervisor or management. These changes in assignments can be either written or verbal.
Minimum of HS Diploma.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience. Health care experience preferred.
- Prior experience with NextGen software or other EMR is preferred.
- Be helpful and courteous, and display strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a well-organized team-player with great attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrates superior computer skills.
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k), paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion for helping others.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer**