Busy ophthalmology office in Norwalk, CT, is seeking to add a bilingual receptionist to their front desk staff.
Our practice is an ophthalmic provider for comprehensive medical, surgical and routine eye care services. We are a dedicated group of doctors, technicians, and patient care specialists that provide top quality eye care services using the latest technology. Together, we help people see and in turn, we change their lives and are dedicated to helping people preserve and improve the sight of the people in our region.
The front desk staff represent the practice, and are required to ensure a positive customer service atmosphere. These individuals are responsible for welcoming patients to the practice, treating all patients in a professional and courteous manner, check-in and check-out.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Patient Check-In and Check-Out
- Checks patients in, greeting everyone in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Tracks patients in the reception area and communicate with them, as needed.
- Ensures that proper authorization or referral is collected from the patient.
- Assists in obtaining authorization or referrals that have not been received by the practice.
- Enters all new patient demographic information into the computer. Verifies accuracy.
- Checks insurance eligibility. Notifies billing department of any concerns/issues.
- Communicates with patients in respectful, courteous, professional manner. Educates patients about appointment and answers any practice/visit related questions.
- Collects and processes payments.
- Places telephone calls to no-show appointments; reschedules as needed.
- Inspects reception room for neatness.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous MEDICAL office experience desired, but we will train the right person. Experience with insurance is a must! Experience with EMR/EHR a plus.
- Must be reliable!
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Motivation to succeed.
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patient’s needs and concerns.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Respectful treatment of patients and co-workers.
Full benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time