Optometric practice in Wake Forest is seeking a part-time employee to work at the front desk. Hours may vary based on the needs of the business, but the schedule will fluctuate with our clinic hours: Monday 8:00am - 7:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm; Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm. This position will be three days per week.
Essential Job Functions/Core Duties:
- Submits and pulls insurance in advance of patient's appointment.
- Answers phone calls and greets patients as they come in. Checks patients in and out in a timely manner; notifying clinical staff when patient arrives.
- Handles all forms of scheduling.
- Collects payment, performs refunds when needed, and handles all other transactions. Counts cash drawer when asked.
- Dispenses contact lenses and spectacles as needed and collects payment.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Maintains office supply inventory by checking stock and anticipating needed supplies.
- Assist with patient triage by gathering all needed information and symptoms to send to technician.
- Opens office each morning. Checks answering machine and that charts are ready before first patient arrives.
- Keeps office and waiting room clean, neat and organized.
- Works within staff schedule of taking out trash.
- Prepares referrals, work and/or school excuse letters.
- Communicates effectively with outside offices including pharmacies, specialists, and other medical offices.
- Willingness to perform any future duties assigned and undergo necessary training.
- Participates in continuous education as needed.
Skills Beneficial to the Position:
Knowledge of Medical terminology and certain procedures will aide in success. Must be friendly, professional, and work well with others. Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced and demanding environment is very important. This individual should greet all patients and assess the needs of every individual; anticipating any anxieties or questions they may have. Always possesses a friendly and professional attitude toward coworkers and patients.
Qualified applicants will have at least 2 years in a medical office setting.
Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, bonuses, and matching IRA benefits. Medical insurance plan is not provided.
Please submit cover letter and include the tag phrase 'RETINA' along with your resume.