Join our team, as a Medical Front Desk Associate at a private practice specializing in ophthalmology; and you'll be at the forefront of providing quality patient care. At our Arlington Eye Care Center; you'll join a team of innovative and accomplished providers, surgeons, and clinical care staff. We're located at the Virginia Hospital Center - a proud member of the Mayo Clinical Care Network.
You'll earn a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package too! You'll have comprehensive insurance plans, HSA option, continuing education fund, eye care benefits, paid-time-off, paid holidays and 401(k).
What You Will Do:
- Greet patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Check patients in, updating demographic, medical, insurance or financial information, pull charts and prepare for the provider.
- Schedule appointments; maintaining the efficiency of the schedule while providing excellent care to the patient.
- Collect charges; controlling credit extended to patients, filing, collecting and expediting third-party claims.
- Provide excellent attention to patient's needs; answer patients questions and provide appropriate information about the practice.
- Be prepared to assist patients during emergency situations.
- Protect patient's rights by maintaining confidentially of personal and financial information.
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment.
What You Will Bring:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Be highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality and energy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential employee and company information.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and work independently.
- Apply exceptional communication skills to interact with patients and schedule appointments and surgeries.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.