The Walman Optical Company is a successful, diversified, employee-owned business serving the ophthalmic community since 1915. We are a family of optical companies with a 100-year history of excellent relationships built on enduring trust and added value. Each of our businesses is guided by the same core principles and single vision: to be the most trusted business partner in the industry. Our core values respect our employees’ worth and contributions, emphasize teamwork and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth
We are currently seeking a Field Training Manager for our Ophthalmic Division. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our TEAM!
JOB SUMMARY: Manage, design, develop, coordinate and conduct large or small scale training programs in support of Walman Optical initiatives. Work closely with sales team, marketing and Director of Education to develop and execute training to sales team for use in their territories.
- Four year college degree and three years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on PowerPoint development. Experience with web based training programs.
- Certified Optician by American Board of Opticianry, ABO Master Level and by National Contact Lens Examiners NCLE preferred. Speaker approved for both areas.Specialized knowledge of optical industry preferred.
- Proven ability to provide effective training program to adult learners through traditional and modern training methods.
- Willingness to travel by auto and air a minimum of 30% of the time, with overnight stays required.Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that complies with the Walman Optical Company Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Identify training needs and translate requirements into trainings that will support the divisional objectives.
- Conduct excellent training, regularly, to Account Managers and Branches.
- Partner and collaborate with internal teams and subject matter experts to develop strong training material and aids.
- Develop and deliver customer training programs in coordination with Account Managers.
- Stay up-to-date with new products, managed care and trends in the industry and translate those into trainings that will benefit the sales team and their accounts.
- Effectively track results of training programs and report on outcomes.Use results to improve or modify training programs.
- Quarterly travel to trade shows and regional events, as well as, co-travel with Account Manager Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Life, LTD, 401(k) with company match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We are located close to downtown Minneapolis with free parking available!
Please visit our web site at www.walman.com to learn more about our company history and culture.