Excellent opportunity for a motivated Optometrist with excellent clinical skills to join our thriving Optometric practice in Bastrop, Texas. Our practice is nestled in the beautiful Lost Pines Region thirty miles east of Austin, Texas and has experienced phenomenal growth since established in 2011. Bastrop Family Eye Care is Bastrop County's most comprehensive eye care facility with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment such as OCT, Optomap, Humphrey visual field analyzer and VisiOffice in our large optical. We are looking to add an associate optometrist to meet the demands of a strong and growing referral network from our local community and neighboring counties. The doctor will see a diverse population of eye pathology and be able to treat patients to the fullest scope of practice. Glaucoma certification is necessary to be considered as well as able to do complex contact lens fittings including Duette and gas permeable lenses. Practice includes electronic health records, with an excellent administrative and support staff. The family oriented community offers a quaint historical downtown , outstanding golf courses, and breathtaking state parks all on the banks of the beautiful Colorado River. Being only thirty minutes from one of the fastest growing cities in America, you can easily take advantage of Austin's amenities and live music scene too. For the right candidate, we will provide a competitive salary, bonus opportunities, TRAVEL ALLOWANCE, and other benefits. Partnership is also an option that can be addressed. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Examine, diagnose and treat where applicable patients for ocular and systemic related eye disease
- Diagnose and treat glaucoma including being able to analyze required testing
- Post operative management of cataracts, refractive and glaucoma surgeries
- Examine and diagnose visual dysfunctions and treat appropriately
- Knowledgeable of all corrective modalities and lens designs to be able to make recommendations that best suit the patients' needs
- Fit and prescribe specialty contact lenses
- Document patient condition and treatment plan in compliance with the optometric board and insurance guidelines
- Follow HIPPA regulations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Negotiable. Will consider travel stipend for the right candidate!