VSP Global is comprised of five complementary businesses that combine high-quality eye care insurance, high-fashion eyewear, customized lenses, ophthalmic technology and retail solutions, with employees in over 23 countries. No matter the role, we’re all focused on a singular mission: to help people see. Learn more by visiting https://vspglobal.com/cms/careers/
Under general supervision responsible for unloading trucks, opening and unpacking shipments, verifying inventory received and stocking the shelves for all incoming shipments to the distribution center in an efficient and timely manner.
- Unload trucks of all incoming shipments to the distribution center
- Open and unpack all shipments received
- Complete inventory count and quality control checks for all incoming shipments including examining for theft and/or damage
- Match incoming inventory to invoices and packing slips for proper size, quantity, color, style etc.
- Ensure boxes are bar-coded / labeled correctly
- Stock shelves with new inventory
- Perform all other functions as required
Note: This job description is intended to indicate the basic nature of positions allocated to this job title and examples of typical duties that may be assigned. It does not imply that all positions within this class perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all the possible duties that may be assigned.
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Previous distribution center or shipping experience is preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Able to learn to operate wave machine, hi-lo machine, power jack and electric lift
- Must be detailed oriented and accurate and able to multitask
- Must be able to work accurately and safely under pressure
- Overtime and weekend hours maybe required
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
This position generally works in a warehouse environment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Speak clearly and concisely
- Hear clearly to understand general conversations in person
- Use hands to manipulate objects and paperwork
- Use close vision and be able to focus
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend at the knee, hip and turn at the waist
- Reach for items with hands, hold boxes and/or bins with hands, and reach above the shoulder or below the waist to grasp items with hands
- Climb ladders and step stools
- Lift boxes and packages up to 50lbs.
- Safely operate wave machine, hi-lo machine, power jack and electric lift
- Safely walk in warehouse environment including moving around equipment and shipping materials
- Walk between buildings in varying weather conditions