Growing private Optometry Practice in Thousand Oaks is looking for the right personality to work in a busy optometry office as a dispensing optician/optometry technician. We have been in practice for 18 years with a low staff turn over.
ABO certification is not required, but is a plus! Applicants must be professional and genuinely enjoy working with patients, creating an exceptional customer experience. Three to five years of related optical experience preferred. Must have experience with EHR/EMR software. This position requires a strong attention to detail, and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. Knowing Officemate, Insurance billing, Spanish, social media, and Essilor products would be a big plus.
Job duties include :
- Selling, dispensing and frame styling of eye wear
- Adjusting and repairs of eye wear
- Pre-testing of patients prior to eye exams, using an auto-refractor, visual field testing, Optomap and Optovue iWellness (OCT)
- Recording patient health history information
- Contact lens insertion and removal teaching
- Submitting claims to vision carriers
- Answering phone lines and scheduling appointments
Compensation will be based on experience. We offer a competitive salary with benefits including: holiday pay, earned time off (vacation), clothing allowance. Additional compensation for medical benefits are available after 90 days of employment.
The schedule for this position includes two late nights per week (7:30pm) and no weekends! Please forward resume to the attached email. We look forward to meeting with you!