What are you waiting for! Join the Tyson Eye team in sunny Southwest Florida. We are looking for a Licensed Optician or Optical Sales Professional who can support our department by accurately and appropriately filling ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, fitting and adapting lenses and frames, and training the patient in the care of their lenses. They should also be able to adjust eyewear to fit the patient, and conduct all optical repairs.
This is what we are looking for:
- Extraordinary customer service
- A dependable Team Player
- Ability to learn new things
- Knowledge on how to review patient information, explain charges and answer questions
- Previous Inside Sales Experience
- Proficiency in technology
- Ability to speak a second language is always a plus
Here’s what we offer you:
- Professional, collaborative culture of outstanding co-workers
- Training and the potential for advancement throughout your career
- Health Insurance/Dental Insurance/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- IRA with company match
Education and Job Experience Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Current Florida Optician License
- ABO a plus or working toward the ABO preferred.
- Willing to participate in continuing education in the optical field for the duration of employment.
About Tyson Eye:
Tyson Eye is regarded as one of the premier ophthalmic centers in Southwest Florida. Our surgeons and doctors have helped thousands of people enjoy better vision and have consistently introduced break-through technology to the area. We are committed to excellence by delivering modern technology with old fashioned concern. It takes teamwork with a smile, through many years of service to provide the best eye care for our patients.
Tyson Eye is proud to be a drug and tobacco free organization.