The Director of Operations reports to the Chief Operations Officer and will oversee all aspects of multiple ophthalmology practices located throughout Northern, NJ. The incumbent provides strategic and operational leadership to the regional practice management team. This position requires an individual with a creative mind for anticipating business needs, and strong aptitude for leveraging business relationships.
NJ Eye LLC is a private-equity backed, independent, integrated eye care organization with its corporate headquarters in Union, New Jersey. The company has over 250 eye care professionals and business support roles across a growing network of over 17 eye care clinic locations, spanning New Jersey, with plans to affiliate with other eye care practices in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and nationwide.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides financial oversight of Northern, NJ practices, creating and adhering to operating/capital budgets for each practice; has oversight of par levels, inventory/equipment management
- Liaises with Marketing, IT, Purchasing, and HR, in effort to grow the practice; oversees marketing operations in association with the Central Business Office (CBO)
- Oversees and evaluates Office Managers and their respective management of all clinical/nonclinical personnel; oversees and approves staff evaluations/bonuses/raises
- Monitors appropriate staffing levels and ensures adequate training is completed by staff
- Holds periodic staff meetings with Office Managers and other direct reports
- Promotes individual growth and team building
- Oversees physician and staff schedules
- Works with specialists to implement top-down strategies such as MIPS/MACRA performance and reporting
- Prepares quarterly/annual performance reporting and analyses; presents recommended action plans
- Monitors IT utilization and engages with implementation of IT
- Monitors EHR utilization and optimization in patient encounters
- Effectively manages patient contact and follow-up to reduce no-shows, ensure prompt rescheduling and follow-up; develops patient outreach best practices
- Evaluates patient satisfaction ratings and fosters an environment of a highly positive patient experience
- Ensures performance on Benefits investigation, authorizations, collection of funds
- Ensures that patient privacy is being maintained according to HIPAA laws; ensures that offices meet OSHA, ADA and other regulatory standards
- Keeps abreast of all regulatory changes and implements applicable changes within the practice
- Provides assistance with ad-hoc, special projects, as needed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required/MBA preferred.
Experience: 7–10 years progressive experience in a leadership role, overseeing five or more offices. Multi-site ophthalmology experience highly desirable.
- Understanding of HIPAA, ADA, OSHA and other regulations; facility in supporting compliance and safety standards
- Effectiveness in oral and written communication; ability to deliver clear directives and set expectations
- Working knowledge of CMS Medicare guidelines
- Proficiency in medical software applications and data mining programs
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory issues, billing and coding practices
- Advanced technical and analytical skills; aptitude for all aspects of business development
- Focus and motivation in understanding and supporting practice goals, services, culture and strategy
- Efficiency and creativity in population health management; ability to make recommendations towards maximizing patient schedules through growth strategies
- Demonstrated excellence in organization, planning and project management; skilled in record keeping, data collection and systems information
- Demonstrated ability to implement and monitor new initiatives, provide appropriate feedback and/or corrective actions
NJ Eye LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.