The Director of Finance is to manage, control and supervise the accounting and finance functions of Rocky Mountain Eye Center, Inc. (RMEC), Rocky Mountain Laser and Surgery Center, LLC (RMLS) and Pueblo Eye Associates, LLP.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success in, verbal, and written skills.
- Demonstrated success in supervising, motivating, and training professional staff members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of inventory management, budgeting, and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating favorable contracts and terms.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining purchasing systems and expense tracking.
- Extensive experience and understanding of all aspects related to.
- Effective skills in developing and maintaining positive working relations with ownership, management, vendors, providers, and other team workers.
- Works accurately and efficiently in computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Financial Analysis
- Lead development of company-wide and departmental forecasts, budgets, and financial analysis for presentation to Management, Executives, and the Board of Directors.
- Analysis to drive performance and decision-making
- Bi-weekly business updates to the Executive team
- Monthly expense and margin analysis
- Insights around line of business monthly performance key drivers
- Constantly assesses financial performance and institutes appropriate enhancements in consultation with providers and other managers.
- Perform ROI, proforma financials, forecasts, and budgets for new office development, site relocation, major remodels, and new provider positions.
- Prepare and present capital requests for new equipment including cost-benefit analysis.
- Oversees day-to-day operations in Accounting, Purchasing, and I.T. departments (the Finance Division).
- Oversees and/or conducts the recruiting, coaching, evaluation, training, and development of all Finance Division staff.
- Serves as primary interface with division vendors, financial auditors, commercial banks, and lenders.
- Works with other managers to ensure comprehensive completion of all operational tasks.
- Develops and communicates effective monthly reports.
- Develops and manages effective internal controls, security, and compliance.
- Conducts interviews, negotiates salaries, hires, and supervises qualified candidates for all positions within department as needed; according to RMEC guidelines.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date procedural manuals, as appropriate.
- Approves all division/department expenses, payroll, refunds, and allocated expenses.
Education and Experience:
- Five or more years of progressive development in finance/accounting environment.
- Five or more years experience in budgetary control and cash management.
- Five or more years of management level experience and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in business; or commensurate experience.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, and all applicable Federal, State, County, and City codes as they relate to the accounting, taxation, and reporting functions of the various entities.
- Certification as a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred, but not required.
- High proficiency and strategic working knowledge of government regulations, contract law, and compliance requirements pertaining to healthcare, business structure, and covenants.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft GreatPlains, Nextgen, ADP Workforce Now, and other software programs at a high level of reporting and expertise.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel formulas, pivot tables, large data analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to work with and develop complex spreadsheets.
- Experience in ophthalmic and optometric business preferred.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to hear softly spoken words.
- This position will require sitting for long periods of time, standing, bending, and walking, as well as using fine motor skills, such as finger.
- dexterity for typing and using small hand tools.
- This position could be exposed to loud noises, frequent phone conversations, and requires average to above average visual acuity and hearing.
- The majority of this job will be spent indoors in a climate controlled environment.
- Must be available to travel to other office locations as needed.
- Must be comfortable with and able to have up-close, hands-on patient contact
- Must be able to correctly identify colors when using ophthalmic equipment.
CURRENT BENEFITS AT TIME OF POSTING
- Medical, Dental, Group Short Term Disability, H.S.A., H.R.A., Life Insurance/AD&D, & 401K Safe Harbor
- No-cost annual eye exams for employees and eligible dependents
- Employee discounts on frames, lenses and contacts
- Friends & Family optical discount cards
- Generous PTO/Holiday/Vacation Pay
The American with Disabilities Act requires that reasonable accommodations be made for qualified individuals to help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. I am able to perform the required duties and tasks as outlined in the job description above with or without accommodation. Rocky Mountain Eye Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability