Patient Care Specialists work closely with the front office staff and doctors to provide excellent and expedient ‘hospitality quality’ care service to all KE Eyecare patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answers inbound phone calls for multiple practices
- Schedules appointments, answer patient questions and requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Responds to online appointment and information requests throughout the day - ICON maintains an expected response time of 5 minutes during business hours on all appointment and online information requests
- Confirms appointments for several office locations daily
- Verifies patient information and clinical location on all calls
- Maintains a working knowledge of all KE services and practices
- Maintains a pleasant and helpful attitude (hospitality)
- Provides knowledgeable and caring service to all current and potential KE patients and employees
- Maintains a clean and orderly workspace and clinic
- Serves as a model to other team members.
- Maintains a solid track record of punctual and reliable attendance
- Assists in training new KE team members
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 0-2 years’ experience with patient facing interaction preferred
- Call center experience highly desirable
- Experience working with practice management software preferred
- Basic Knowledge of Health Care and ACA requirements and regulations
- Basic computer skills
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proves to be a trustworthy and reliable team member while maintaining a positive attitude each day
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.